11 October 2009

ein Objektiv haltet meinen Herz

so, i've finally gotten off my lazy ass and learned a few things about glass. i knew i was lacking in the aperture department, but not this much. i can never go back. just like how i will probably never go back once i get a full frame camera. though, the short depth of field has gotten me using auto focus more often. call me a sell-out, cheapskate, whatever... i can't afford eye surgery and i would still choose getting more lenses over it anyway.

[memories of Gianluca, Alice und Elisée]

sooooo back to the 50mm, he is my newfound joy. i waited diligently for the UPS man to return (after the weekend!) and promptly went out shooting. i had completely misread an email from my Tandem partner and ended up blowing an hour in the Mensa. no problem. i was definitely occupied.

i still OWN at Tischfußball, btw.

[what i wished my bicycle looked like]

i wandered around die Altstadt for a bit, getting used to the length. i really should make an album of my exkursions in the Altstadt and call it 'Sessions with Martin'. i swear i run into him every time i have my camera out. we're going on three now.

i was still exploring even when i got home. since it's a portrait lens, naturally i had to play with shitty shots of myself. i dunno, maybe it's more interesting than a hand towel on my desk. it's all quite boring and any photo majors are probably still flabbergasted that it took me this long to get something f1.8 and fixed.

oh well, more fun to come. i played with motion as well. it seems to happen a lot lately. also, the aperture still won't do without a flash at a lot of indoor functions. get used to the fuzziness. i'm not perfect... yet.

No comments: