30 March 2012

ketchup

Spring got off to a nice start in Denver.  Bayardo swung by on his way from Washington state back to North Carolina.  His first day it was 80° with not a cloud in the sky and he was ecstatic after spending a cold gray winter in Tacoma.



If you haven't read a lot of this blog, Bayardo is a former photo classmate of mine and we have traveled together quite a few times.  It's always nice to photograph with a fellow photographer.  Nice camaraderie. Geek side note: the root of that word is the same as 'camera.'




Having guests always makes a place feel more like 'home.'  I know I talked about that a bit when Nick (another photo classmate) came to visit me in Tübingen.  Plus, it's an excuse to go out to eat and get drinks.  =)

B's stay was pleasant despite the tiny apartment.  I wish I had my other bike put together, so we could ride together, but I wasn't expecting the weather to instantly go from 40-something to 70-something.  Note to self for next year: be ready to grab spring by the horns!




I even managed to wake my friend up at 4 in the morning to drive down to Colorado Springs for sunrise at Garden of the Gods.  I refuse to go there at any other time.  It is exponentially more beautiful when the red light of daybreak hits those red rocks.

All in all, what a way for spring to start!  I feel energized not only from getting a visit from a friend, but also getting out with another photographer.  Let's get this party hoppin'!

No comments: